Small Business Development
410-M03-HR Management Accounting (75 hours)
(January 28 to March 1, 2019)
This course will explore the link between accounting and management, particularly those decision-making techniques to aid operational planning and control. Topics include: evaluation of performance using budgets, standard costing with variance rather than record keeping. Specialized topics are: operational and capital budgeting, performance measurement, variance analysis, job ordering and cost systems with overhead applications, the distinctions between direct and absorption costing methods.
410-M10-HR Introduction to Business Law (45 hours)
(February 28 to March 27, 2019)
This course provides students with practical knowledge of the legal environment of business. Students become familiar with the legal structures in our society and the function of law in the business community.
420-L79-HR Accounting Software Application (60 hours)
(March 8 to April 17, 2019)
In this course, students are introduced to the Simply Accounting software application. They will learn to integrate their accounting knowledge (course 410-M04-HR) into case book applications by focusing on the proper setup of Simply Accounting data files including accounts payable, payroll, and the opening of a bank reconciliation file.
Must reside in the Kitigan Zibi community.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and a combination of industry experience related to the courses being taught. Teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of student needs and provide appropriate academic and career development support.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Provide assistance and display leadership in the on-going development of the Continuing Education department at Heritage College.
- Stay abreast of changes and new program requirements through regular professional development activities.
- Must be flexible as required by the department workloads.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within a Continuing Education team.
Click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cégep Heritage College applies an Equal Access program and encourages women, aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities and handicapped persons to apply.