Web and Desktop Programming
420-Q01-HR Career Preparation (45 hours)
(January 22nd to February 1st, 2019)
Through hands-on workshops and seminars delivered through industry, students develop a peer-networking group. They also develop a credible résumé targeting the web/IT industry. They learn the importance of establishing and maintaining industry relationships, communication skills when dealing effectively with individuals and the concept of teamwork. Students will develop skills in recognizing and interpreting clients' needs and be prepared upon completion to make the transition from student to industry professional.
420-Y22-HR Server-Side Scripting (60 hours)
(March 20th to April 4th, 2019)
Students continue to learn about server-side development. They develop and deploy applications using Java Server Pages and Servlets and deploy them to a web server in Windows and Linux. They develop applications using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of student needs and provide appropriate academic and career development support
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Provide assistance and display leadership in the on-going development of the Continuing Education department at Heritage College.
- Stay abreast of changes and new program requirements through regular professional development activities.
- Must be flexible as required by the department workloads.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within a Continuing Education team.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.