- In accordance with the Colleges Act, the Director General is appointed by the Board ofGovernors. The Director General is an ex officio member of the Board of Governors and Chairperson of the Executive Committee.
- is the chief administrative officer and Secretary General of the College. As such, this individual assumes overall responsibility for the planning, organization, management, coordination, control and representation required for the effective operation and development of the College;
- prepares, on behalf of the Executive Committee and the Board of Governors, resolutions, bylaws and policies intended to establish or modify the rules of management of the current administration, the objectives, the general orientations, the development plans and the global strategies of the College, and is accountable for its efficient administration in accordance with the provisions of the Colleges' Act and Ministerial regulations;
- with the Chairperson, represents the College in its relations with external organizations;
- is responsible for the overall budgetary control of the College.
Experience: Ten (10) years of relevant experience, including five (5) years in a senior management position, would be preferred.
Other: Excellent communication skills in both English and French are essential.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of college education in Quebec;
- Be an inspirational educator and life-long learner focussed on the student experience;
- Be able to establish a coherent vision with strategic direction;
- Demonstrate strong and effective leadership skills and evidence-based decision-making;
- Encourage an environment open to innovation and responsible risk-taking;
- Be a team builder and foster an inclusive workplace;
- Nurture authentic interpersonal skills for successful collaboration;
- Establish credibility and maintain positive lines of communication with all stakeholders;
- Be able to achieve efficient, timely and tangible results that reflect expected outcomes;
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of the College in the Outaouais region, and of the particular realities of the English colleges in Quebec.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates will be required to submit to selection tests.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will take place on Saturday, March 23, 2019.
For more information about this position, please contact by email:
Ms. Murielle Laberge
Director General Selection Committee
325, boul. de la Cité-des-Jeunes, Rm. 107A
Gatineau, Québec J8Y 6T3
Cégep Heritage College is an equal opportunity employer and invites candidates to signify their belonging to groups targeted by the Act with respect to equal access to employment in public bodies.