Schedule to be determined.
- Installs and configures computers and peripherals; performs these tasks on networks.
- Solves certain problems of use of information and communications technologies.
- Connects the computers and the peripherals and ensures their compatibility.
- Installs, configures and updates in-house software and programs in accordance with established procedures; in particular, uses utility software to locate and solve difficulties.
- Responds by remote access to users' requests for assistance and provides the relevant information. If necessary, goes on site to perform hardware and software troubleshooting, and entrusts problems beyond his/her competency to qualified persons or the companies that supplied the hardware.
- Backs up, copies, compresses or deletes files on various media and transfers data between various workstations; cleans, maintains and performs minor repairs on equipment.
- Uses various peripherals according to specific instructions.
- May be called upon to draw up and maintain the hardware and software inventory and train new employees within his/her employment class.
- If need be, performs any other related tasks.
- Must have a diploma of vocational studies (DEP) in an appropriate specialty or an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- Must have at least two (2) years of pertinent experience.
- Must possess very good English language skills (written and spoken), and be fluent in spoken French.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be diligent, dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work effectively with respect to deadlines and produce accurate results.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and exercise discretion.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.