CÉGEPs: Employers of Choice
Our Educational Mission
The CÉGEPs’ goal is to train skilled people who can work independently, think critically and be involved in their community. Through their teaching and research activities, as well as the services they provide to the community, CÉGEPs support and foster economic, scientific, social, cultural and community development at the regional, national and global levels.
Our Organizational Values
Our Organizational Characteristics
- A young, dynamic, stimulating and rewarding environment
- An environment that offers a wealth of development opportunities
- Cultural and generational diversity among staff and students
- A diverse range of job opportunities
- Employee expertise and quality services
Our Vast Array of Employee Programs that Set Us Apart from Other Employers
- Onboarding programs
- Employment equity program
- Professional development programs
- Employee recognition programs and activities
- Personnel appraisal programs
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Prevention and health promotion programs
- Work-life balance:
- Working time reduction programs, time management programs.
- Between 4 and 8 weeks of vacation yearly.
- Other types of leave:
- Staff members are also entitled to statutory holidays. Depending on the employee’s position, the number of days off varies from 7 to 13 annually.
- Sick leave bank
- Personal leave (wedding, death, force majeure event)
- Maternity or adoption leave (up to 21 weeks at 88% of salary)
- Leave with deferred or advance pay
- Group insurance:
- CÉGEP employees are offered life insurance, health insurance and income insurance plans.
- Pension plans:
- Two pension plans have been set up in the college system. The Government and Public Employees Retirement Plan (RREGOP) is for full-time and part-time regular and casual employees who work in the health and social services system, the education system and Quebec’s civil service. The PPMP is the Pension Plan of Management Personnel.
- Cafeteria and healthcare station
- Fitness room, pool and gym
- Team sports and physical activities with an instructor
- Physical rehab clinic (some CÉGEPs)
- Dental hygiene clinic (some CÉGEPs)
- Daycare centre (some CÉGEPs)
- Cultural activities (exhibitions, movies, shows, etc.)