Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Leads, develops, organizes, plans, coordinates, and evaluates activities of a library. In addition, this professional orients students and faculty in the use of the library and assists them in their research.
- Plan and develop library policies, programs, services and guidelines in collaboration with Academic Services.
- Participate in the engagement and evaluation of the work done by library staff.
- Prepares work schedules, set standards and oversee all library operations.
- Administer and maintain an information system and the integrity of the library's database.
- Manage the library budget.
- Plan, develop and coordinate the library's collection.
- Ensure compliance with the laws and regulations concerning the printing of all electronic and audio-visual equipment.
- Direct studies and research projects concerning the library and participate in the realization of special projects, as required by the College.
- In collaboration with the personnel concerned, analyzes the needs of the community, proposes plans for development and improvement and makes choices in the improvement of collections (books, periodicals, audiovisual documents, data bank).
- Carries out appropriate studies and research and prepares briefs and reports relating to the development, use and promotion of documentation.
- Participate in the educational and administrative life of the College by sitting on various committees or working groups.
- Represent the library and the College, if applicable.
- Manage the daily operations of the library.
- Evaluate the needs of the clientele and put services in place to meet those needs.
- Liaise with the community, library consortia, and other external partners.
- Plan, organize, and manage an information literacy program for students and staff.
- Provide reference services to clientele.
- Develop reference use guides and other tools.
- Supervise cataloging and classification of materials.
- Develop and manage the library web site.
- Keep abreast of new developments, new trends and new technologies related to the Library.
- Evaluate the services of the library using collected data, statistical reports and other documents, and make recommendations.
- Performs any other related duties if required.
- A Master's degree of Library and/or Information Studies from an ALA (American Library Association) accredited institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years of library experience in various library functions cataloguing, reference, acquisitions, circulation, etc., preferably in academic institutions. The incumbent must have at least two (2) of these years in a management or supervisory position.
- Must possess knowledge of, and experience with the latest technological applications in libraries (reference products, networking and automation systems).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be diligent, dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work effectively with respect to deadlines and produce accurate results.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations and diversity.
- Must have a strong work ethic and exercise discretion.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.