The college is seeking a part-time professor to teach a credited course within the Accounting and Management Technology program in the winter 2020 term.
410-C80-HR Taxation (75 hours)
(2 hours of theory, 3 hours of lab and 5 hours of availability per week)
Students will learn how to prepare tax returns for both individuals and businesses. Students will get acquainted with current Quebec & Federal tax laws to be able to assess the implications of taxation. Advantages of tax planning are also explored. Students will receive hands-on experience with specialized tax software.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Commerce and three (3) years of work experience in business is preferred.
- Several years of teaching experience at the undergraduate or college level is preferred.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required for these courses.
- Knowledge of Turbotax software is an asset for the Taxation course.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Create a dynamic, challenging, and motivated learning environment.
- Adapt to a variety of student needs and provide appropriate academic and career development support.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through academic or non-academic experiences.
- Apply theoretical concepts to current workplace needs and skill requirements.
- Provide assistance and display leadership at Heritage College.
- Stay abreast of changes and new program requirements through regular professional development activities.
- Must be flexible as required by the department workloads.
- Must be willing to work collaboratively within the Faculty team.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.