The Associate Academic Dean also assists the Academic Dean in other project management dossiers in his/her area of expertise.
The Associate Academic Dean will supervise a team composed of teachers, several Professionals and several Support Staff Employees. The team in Academic Services includes the Academic Dean, two (2) Associate Academic Deans, six (6) professionals and ten (10) support staff employees.
The main areas of responsiblity of the Associate Academic Dean include, but not limited to:
- Provides leadership and support for the development, evaluation, revision and implementation of programs, actively promoting and facilitating an integrated program-based approach.
- Works closely with the Academic Dean and other Directors in the development and implementation of the College Strategic Plan and the annual work plan.
Workload Allocation / Organization
- Generates clientele projections and actively contributes to the student registration procedure.
- Plans and develops the staffing process, and ensures proper application and reporting of teacher workloads.
Teaching / Academic Life
- Participates in the selection and ensures the orientation of new faculty.
- Ensures that faculty are evaluated in compliance with College policies.
- Oversees the overall requirements of the Information Technology sector to ensure proper software and hardware is in place to support the Campus' academic and operational needs.
- Works collaboratively with the Academic Dean on the development and follow-up of institutional dossiers.
- Shares in the continued development of procedures and practices linked to the institutional policies and develops or revises related local academic policies and procedures, as needed.
Library and College Laboratories
- Participates in the selection and ensures the orientation of personnel working in the Library and in all College Laboratories (Nursing, Electronics, Chemistry/Biology and Physics, Computer Science).
- Ensures that all Library and Laboratory personnel are evaluated in compliance with College policies.
Other Management Dossiers
- Prepares and submits requisitions for material.
- Assists the Director of Building Services and the Director of Human Resources with the College emergency procedures and any policies or procedures related to his/her sector of activities.
Entire Sector of Activities
- Represents the Academic Dean on certain College committees meetings if required.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of the annual work plan and of the departmental budget.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority. To hold a Master's degree in a relevant discipline will be considered an asset.
- Must have at least three (3) years of related teaching experience, preferably at the College level.
- Experience in budget management and in the management of educational projects is required, including experience in supervision of personnel.
- Experience in a Continuing Education context would be considered an asset.
- Possess practical skills and experience in the management of teaching resources and workloads using educational technology.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in the use of technology in a Windows environment with the Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to work in a self-directed team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to make relatively complex financial calculations with accurate results.
- Bilingual in English and French (written, comprehension, and spoken).
- Must possess a collaborative approach.
- Must possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Mastery of issues related to educational development.
- Excellent skills in personnel management, as well as in team development and coaching.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to deliver multiple projects under tight timelines.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the Cégep system would be an asset.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be diligent, dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Must have a strong work ethic and exercise discretion.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.